What is in the Archive?
Wheatley Village Archive contains information, photographs, maps and artefacts relating to the history of the village. Together they providfe a valuable resource for people wanting to know more about life in the village in the past.
These resources are available to anyone living in the village, or people living further away, who want to find out about their relatives and where they lived.
We also have a microfiche record of the IGI (International Geneological Index). THis has parish records of all baptisms and marriages in the UK 1200 – 1860.
- Records of the results of the census of 1851, 1861, 187, 1881 and the Shotover census of 1861
- A card index with information about many of the people who have lived in the village over the last 200 years
- Cuddesdon Parish Registers:
Baptisms 1541 – 1837
Marriages 1542 – 1836
Banns 1755 – 1836
Burials 1542 – 1837
- Microfiche record of the Wheatley Parish Records of births, deaths and marriages
- Statistics for the 1981 Census
- Photographs and information about the village schools
- Recollections of Wheatley personalities
- Photographs and cuttings about trafes and occupations in Wheatley, e.g. brick-makers, stone-masons, boot and shoe-makers, builders, farmers and other trades-people including shopkeepers and innkeepers.
- Information about the four churches and the historic connection with the church in Cuddesdon]A CD-Rom with photographs of all the graveyard memorial stones in the Parish Churchyard and a transcript opf their inscriptions. Copies of individual memorials, photographs and transcripts are available on request.
- A CD-Rom with photographs of all the graveyard memorial stones in the Parish Churchyard and a transcript of their inscriptions. Copies of individual memorial photographs and transcripts are available on request